Senior BI Engineer
At Accelecom, fact-based continuous improvement drives our business decision-making. We are a process-oriented operation, always seeking innovative ways to accelerate the pace of our customer experience. To that end, our senior BI engineer will lead our Business Intelligence initiatives. Our BI platform is based on Microsoft Power BI and employs Lean Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control (SPC) attributes. Our end state will be a combination of push-based, near-real-time dashboards and a self-serve Power BI portal enabling process owner ad-hoc analysis.
What You Will Do:
- Understand business process goals, objectives, and desired rate of improvement
- Collaborate with key process owners to develop a roadmap for converting relevant data into actionable business intelligence, leading to continuous process improvement
- Create requirements and functional specifications for reports and dashboards
- Create dashboards, scorecards, and visual interactive reports using Power BI
- Define complex report fields/KPIs with clear formulas/calculations by joining/combining underlying datasets
- Convert business requirements (e.g.: KPIs) into technical specifications (e.g.: report formulas), build a design and implementation plan, and then execute the implementation plan tasks.
- Design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts and schedule refreshes to perform detailed data analysis
- Create and document data with algorithms, parameters, models, and relations explanations
- Query cloud db’s, serverless data lakes, denormalized data warehouses, NOSQL datastores, multidimensional and relational databases, Rest API’s, Excel and CSV files, and other semi-structured data sources
- To use visual/page/report/db level filters and build graphs for a better understanding of the data
- Analyze and enhance ETL processes as needed to extract additional fields from data sources
- Reinforce developmental best practices for data quality and deployment
- Lean Six-sigma, Statistical Process Control and tenants of root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- 2+ years of experience developing enterprise-scale reports/bi-dashboards using Power BI
- 1+ years of experience using Power Pivot, Power Query, DAX, SSAS, M-Code queries, Slicers, Data Editor, Data Designer
- 1+ years ETL data integration experience working with platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Experience with cloud infrastructure & data warehouses, specifically Azure Data Lake, Databricks and Data Factory
- Expertise in SQL query optimization, performance tuning ELT processes, etc.
- Expertise in designing and building complex workflows, and robust job schedules
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as PostGres, SQLServer, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with change data capture, and master data management
- Ability to create BI visualizations and dashboards in Power Bi
- Experience w/ scripting using Python.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Documenting, designing, and modeling solutions and explaining, representing, and discussing the same with the team, being a team player and leader
- Have an analytical and problem-solving mindset and approach and, the ability to learn quickly
- Continuous improvement mindset, self-motivated, and eager to learn
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field