Accelecom provides access to a state-of-the-art fiber optic network delivering fast data services in Georgia, Kentucky, and places in between. We are committed to providing higher capacity fiber networking with greater speed access and lower price points.
We’re adding Sales Engineers to our Sales Operations and Engineering team. If you have a technical background in the telecom industry and are comfortable with assisting a sales team with client presentations, please apply!
- Responsible for working side by side with the sales team as a technical subject matter expert (SME) to drive sales growth
- Communicates with customers (internal and external) in a professional, friendly, and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- Support sales teams on pre-sales activities by providing technical and network design solutions (i.e., topology diagrams, presentations, fiber maps)
- Provide technical training to onboarding sales team members
- Communicate updates related to products and services and technical process changes
- Supports RFI/P/Q preparation as requested by Sales Representatives
- Collaborate and act as the primary liaison between the sales teams and the other departments, including Operations, OSP Engineering, Network Engineering, Service Assurance, and Service Delivery
- Assists sales teams in thoroughly reviewing salesforce opportunity records before they close to ensure that:
- All supporting product configuration documentations has been captured
- All technical details and descriptions are correct before submitting the opportunity to service delivery for implementation of a project
- Collaborates with internal departments to ensure smooth project transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Provides feedback on various business and process improvement opportunities
- Travel to customer locations for meetings and site assessments as needed.
- The accuracy and integrity of the SE provided solution, and associated information is essential for the success in meeting the customer expectations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Business CIS, or equivalent experience in the industry
- Minimum 3 years Telecom experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum)
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and customer presentation skills
- Knowledge of connectivity solutions for cloud platforms, AWS, GCS, Azure etc.
- Possess industry knowledge and familiarity with the competitive landscape
- Broad telecommunications skill set with experience in two or more of the following areas is desired; Sales Experience, Product Management/Planning, Network Engineering, Transport Engineering, Network Provisioning, Operations
- Understand layer 2 and layer 3 topologies, as well as Hosted VoIP, Unified Communications, SIP, PRI, and analog based voice requirements
- Strong understanding of IP networking and IP addressing as it pertains to customer solutions and service
About the workplace:
- Hybrid workplace environment
- Salary: Base salary plus quarterly bonus plan
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Vacation, Sick days, and Personal days