Project Manager - Service Delivery/Outside Plant
Accelecom is seeking a Project Manager in Service Delivery and Outside Plant experience. This position is responsible for the management and scheduling of all projects and oversees all aspects of the project life cycle in all phases of OSP and Service Delivery. The PM will be responsible for a variety of projects and will rely heavily on experience and judgment to plan, organize and successfully complete projects on time and within budget. Projects include placing poles, anchors and guys, aerial strand and cable, direct buried pipe, trenching cable, conventional and directional boring, placing underground conduit systems, performing inside wiring and cabling, and fiber testing.
A successful Project Manager shall be responsible for project deliverable ensuring accuracy, timeliness, internal/external customer satisfaction, and profitability. At a minimum, the position requires a detailed working knowledge of telecommunications OSP construction, buildout schedules, Service Delivery and the ability to use knowledge and industry experience to lead the project team toward project goals.
The ideal candidate has fiber optic cable placemen, technical and OSP/Service Delivery experience. The ideal candidate is solution-driven and comfortable in a fast-paced growing environment. The candidate will work closely with internal and external staff maintaining project reporting and support daily operations. At a minimum, the position requires a detailed working knowledge of telecommunications OSP/Service Delivery.
- Meet with clients, architects, engineers, and other design personnel to establish project plans, budgets, and schedules
- Coordinating construction project resources and tracks project progress against established timelines and schedules
- Ensure work is completed on time, within budget, and to specification
- Act as a liaison between the client and project team members regarding changes or problems
- Select, negotiate with, and coordinate the work of vendors, contractors/sub-contractors
- You are responsible for material management, delivery scheduling tasks in support of assigned projects
- Track project progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines or other performance indicators as well as prepare and deliver reports to management
- Maintain and procure Pole Attachment Agreements, as assigned
- Maintain and procure business licenses, COIs, Bonds and Letters of Credit as required
- Oversee and assist vendors with all necessary permits and approvals as required
- Supervise receipt of redline drawings, bore logs, punch lists, and fiber test results for document registry and contractor payment
- Advocate for continual service delivery improvements across multiple departments that will promote added value to Accelecom services through exceptional customer experience
- Supervise crew performance, adherence to safety standards, and costs and address any problems or issues timely
- Work through design challenges and change orders efficiently and effectively
- Field supervision and inspections of subcontractor crews and work being performed
- Supervise, collect, and file safety program documents for work areas and weekly meetings
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed and contribute to company strategies and plans
- Supervise and implement the Company’s Construction Program ensuring that each jobsite utilizes the construction rules, best practices, and policies
- Review plans, quotes, invoices, schedules, and other reports for accuracy and timeliness.
- Represents company and interfaces with customer, property owners, utilities, and municipalities
- Coordinates, leads, and provides assistance to subcontractors and other interested parties.
- Ensure that construction schedules are on time and update SiteTracker daily.
- Works with Safety and Risk Management staff to complete incident reports for property damage, incidents, and injuries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds repeatedly and frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or demonstrated experience in the telecommunications industry related to fiber optic networks; may consider other education and/or work experience
- Minimum 3+ years previous experience in the fiber optics industry managing vendor and sub-contractor relationships
- Successful experience with multi-site, complex turn-key programs is a must
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, SharePoint, and other project management scheduling software
- PMP or 3-5 years of experience in a project manager position preferred
- Telecom engineering, site development, permitting, design and construction management experience is also a plus