Project Manager – Service Delivery
Accelecom is seeking a Project Manager – Service Delivery. This position is responsible for the completion of projects or programs and oversees all aspects of the project lifecycle in a turn-key environment. Meets with clients, architects, engineers, and other design personnel to establish project plans, budgets, and schedules. Coordinates construction project resources and tracks project progress against established timelines and schedules. Ensures work is completed on time, within budget, and to specification. Acts as a liaison between the client and project team members regarding changes or problems. Selects, negotiates with, and coordinates the work of vendors, contractors, or sub-contractors. Responsible for material management, delivery scheduling tasks in support of assigned projects. Tracks project progress against milestones, budgetary guidelines, or other performance indicators and prepares and delivers reports to management. The Project Manager will be responsible for a variety of projects and will rely heavily on experience and judgment to plan, organize and successfully complete projects and programs. Successful experience with multi-site, complex turn-key programs is a must.
The ideal candidate has fiber optic cable placement, site development, technical, and project management experience and is fully accountable for all activities related to the customer experience from sale to billing active. The ideal candidate is solution-driven and comfortable in a fast-paced growing environment. The candidate will work closely with internal and external team members while maintaining project reporting and supporting daily operations for multiple projects simultaneously. Salary commensurate with experience and potential contribution.
- Maintain and procure Pole Attachment Agreements
- Maintain and procure business licenses
- Procure COIs, Bonds and Letters of Credit as required
- Oversee and assist vendors with all necessary permits and approvals as required
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the estimates and invoices from sub-contractors
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures ensuring accuracy and integrity of data, and ensure that the internal controls over status and financial reporting are operating effectively and efficiently
- Supervise, mentor, train and develop Service Delivery staff and sub-contractors with industry knowledge and company best practices
- Responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective project schedules, communication, and coordination with Company personnel
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary
- Responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Service Delivery files are maintained in systems and tools
- Management is appropriately informed of project activities and identified risk details
- Supervise receipt of redline drawings, bore logs, punch lists, and fiber test results for document registry and contractor payment
- Escalate requests for unwarranted delays relating to pole owners, jurisdictions and customers when needed
- Ensure staff manages spreadsheets / systems / project required data per operational requirements
- Advocate for continual service delivery improvements across multiple departments that will promote added value to Accelecom services through exceptional customer experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in supervisory position in the fiber optic industry
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, SharePoint and other project management scheduling software.
- Valid driver’s license required
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Needs the ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively; and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all staff. This position requires the ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize daily workload and work with minimum supervision and the ability to meet deadlines, establish deadlines, and to prioritize deadlines.
- Serve as back up for all service delivery support functions in the office
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience in the telecommunications industry related to fiber optic networks; may consider other education and/or work experience
Professional Project Manager, current PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), or 3-5 years of experience in a project manager position. **(Telecom engineering, site development, permitting, design and construction management experience is also a plus).
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team, establishing and sustaining relationships with customers and employees at all levels in their respective organizations.
Able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check