FP&A Analyst - Remote or Sandy Springs, GA
Join our team as a Financial Analyst and be part of a high growth, well capitalized fiber company that is helping bridge the digital divide in KY and GA.
As an FP&A analyst you will be involved with critical analysis supporting decision-making on investments involving large sums of capital as well as with forecasting, budgeting and planning for on-going operations. You will also be involved in the preparation of our monthly Board Reporting Package, Sales support, M&A support and other analysis for executives and the Board of Directors.
This role is an exciting and rare opportunity to join an opportunity rich environment with high visibility where a self-starter with positive, hard-working attitude will be visible, recognized and rewarded for his contributions.
It is desirable to have substantial working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and standards, and familiarity with telecommunications business and products is preferred but not required. Outstanding financial modeling, Excel, Powerpoint skills are a must. Exceptional communication, analytical skills and ability to work collaboratively are essential. The ideal candidate is an ambitious, hardworking, team-focused individual with financial and analytical experience.
- Support decision-making and strategic planning activities, serving as a key resource to senior decision-makers in the business
- Prepare and maintain in-depth analysis, modeling, monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting and reporting of financial and business performance to support company-wide financial and operational goals, initiatives and objectives
- Assist with the preparation of presentations (internal and external) of financial and operational business results and analysis including presentations to Senior Leadership and Board of Directors
- Develop and implement procedures to manage monthly business analyses with a focus on improving and promoting quality as demonstrated by accuracy and thoroughness of analysis
- Assist with month-end and quarter-end close and reporting responsibilities
- Develop, analyze, track and report operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance in capital budget
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to better understand the ROI of capital projects
- Quarterly and monthly financial reports
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Other financial and operational analysis and duties as needed
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Business or Financial Analyst
- Preference given to candidates with investment banking, public accounting or consulting experience.
- Prior experience or an in-depth understanding of finance functions such as capital and expense budgeting, financial modeling, acquisition analysis, DCF analysis.
- Strong financial modeling, forecasting and analytical skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and mentoring, highly desired
- High energy, self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work extended hours (some evenings and weekends, when necessary) and achieve results in a deadline driven environment
- Relevant degree qualifications in areas such as finance or quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in relevant field