Fiber Network Planning Specialist
Our company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Fiber Network Planning Specialist to oversee the management of our fiber network infrastructure. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and managing IRU (Indefeasible Right of Use) agreements, leasing, and related activities. This role requires a deep understanding of fiber network infrastructure and excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Negotiate and manage IRU agreements, and leasing contracts with customers and vendors.
- Work closely with legal teams to ensure existing agreements are renewed by providing timely notice of desire to renew.
- Work closely with legal teams to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws.
- Analyze existing IRU and fiber lease agreements to determine the optimal path forward (build vs buy decision).
- Develop and maintain fiber optic network plans and designs for both greenfield and brownfield sites.
- Perform network capacity analysis and forecasting to ensure that the network is scalable and able to meet current and future demand.
- Experience with fiber network planning tools such as 3GIS, or similar
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including internal teams, vendors, and customers.
- Manage and prioritize projects related to fiber network infrastructure improvements and expansion.
- Work closely with other teams, including the network operations and engineering teams, to identify areas for improvement and expansion.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and process improvements related to fiber network management.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to network planning activities.
- Collaborate with vendors and contractors to ensure that all network planning activities are completed according to specifications and standards.
- Attend meetings and present reports to management regarding network planning activities and progress.
- Work closely with Sales to identify markets where expansion of the fiber network is likely to generate revenue growth.
- At least 5 years of experience in fiber network management, including IRU negotiation, and leasing.
- Deep understanding of fiber network infrastructure and industry best practices
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and laws governing fiber network management.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or a related field is desired but not required.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced professional who is passionate about fiber network infrastructure and management. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company and contribute to the expansion and success of our fiber network infrastructure.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the fiber network landscape in the southeastern USA, including key players, infrastructure, and relevant regulations. This familiarity will be essential in negotiating and managing IRU agreements, fiber swaps, and leasing contracts in the region. The ideal candidate will report to our Sandy Springs office, near Atlanta, on a hybrid basis, however strong, fully remote candidates will be seriously considered.